Friday, September 5, 2014

Welcome to Browntown.

Howdy! My name is Alexandra. I'm from San Antonio, Texas, and yes, Texas rocks.
I am a big music fan. I cannot live without Country, Jazz, or Classical music. And I love electronic music too. Here at BYU I am majoring in Music Education, emphasis in percussion.
I think there is something so special about teaching that makes me love it, and I love music, so I figured teaching music is the way to go! I am so excited for what life will bring. I believe that everyone is a student of some sort, and every student has a way that they learn and grow the best. The teacher's job is to find out how each individual student learns, and help them reach the impossible and discover their full potential. This world has far too many teachers that just don't understand what their purpose is. And I am here to change that, one student at a time.
Now, enough about me, please anyone reading this, thoughts! Comments! I want to get to know you.
And please, enjoy this 40 second video. It really has nothing to with anything except that it's music (which I spoke of above). I seriously lose it every time I watch it. :)

6 comments:

  1. I love music too! What do you specifically love about percussion? Do you play any other instruments as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing that I really love about percussion is that there are SO many different things to learn... Percussion all around the world is so cool, and every country has their own unique spin on percussion. It's really cool to know that I don't just have one instrument, like a flautist or a violinist. I have thousands of instruments to master!
      And yes, I also play piano and a little bit of organ. I've played piano since I was 6! :)

      Delete
  2. Texas?! I have a brother serving his mission in Texas! Fort Worth, though, not San Antonio. I love music as well, though I'd have to say that my favorite genre is symphonic metal; it's like hard rock with epic violins in the background that give it a super cool flare. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I think of hard rock with strings, I think of like the Trans Siberian Orchestra, which is pretty dang cool. I went to their concert last December and it was pretty epic.

      Delete
  3. Music is always such a joy to have in your life. It can be inspiring in many different ways. Percussion is a very essential part of just how inspiring a piece can be. There are many times that I've listened specifically to the percussion because they hold a vast amount of emotional power within music and they can often control the listener's response.

    It's great having you in class. I hope you come to enjoy the topics we'll discuss this semester and appreciate the writing process more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love how music can control emotions in even the stiffest person. It is amazing that music can make you feel excited, angry, sad, reflective, relaxed, and the list goes on! I cannot imagine living without music.

      Delete